Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
I am all about reading outside my comfort zone. I love reading dark and uncomfortable subjects like kidnappings, suicide, abuse, death, school shootings, drugs, traumatic experiences, diseases and so on. I also love well done romances and historical.
1. Novels that take place in very short time frames. (I made a post about these books a while back and compared them to one of my all-time favorite movies, Before Sunrise/Before Sunset movies--And now Before Midnight releases soon!!!)
2. YA High Fantasy
3. Abuse form a male POV
4. School Shootings
5. Narrator is psychologically troubled or traumatized
6. Unreliable narrators (even though this is hard to get from summaries, you hear about it in reviews)
7. Contemporary or historical fiction set in Paris or New Orleans
8. Road Trips
10. Drug use and/or rehab-related